- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Fruity Biscuits Cookies Recipe
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Ground mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2226 Calories from Fat 908
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g158.7%
Saturated Fat 61.6 g308.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 466 mg155.3%
Sodium 286.5 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 289 g96.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.2%
Sugars 114.5 g
Protein 33 g65.4%
Vitamin A 61.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 8.8% Iron 64.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, put the sugar and butter and beat well together till the mixture is light and fluffy.
3) Add the egg and mincemeat and beat well.
4) Sift together the spices and flour and then fold the mixture into the creamed mixture.
5) Knead the mixture to a soft dough.
6) On a floured surface, roll out the dough thinly. Use a 2 ½-inch fluted cutter to cut out 30 rounds from the dough.
7) Place the rounds on a greased baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, till golden brown in color.
8) Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let them cool completely.
9) If you wish to freeze the cookies, flash freeze first till firm and then pack in a rigid container. Use foil to separate each layer. Seal, label and store in the freezer.
10) To serve the cookies without freezing, arrange them on a decorative serving platter and then serve. If using frozen cookies, thaw them first at room temperature for 1 to 2 minutes and then serve.