- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Drumsticks Recipe
|Chicken drumsticks||24 Ounce (6 Drumsticks, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Seasoned flour||1 Ounce|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||2 Ounce, skinned and finely chopped|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Canned apricot halves||15 Ounce, drained and sliced|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Pint|
|Salt||To Taste (To Complete Dish From Freezer)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste (To Complete Dish From Freezer)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (To Complete Dish From Freezer)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.3%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 98.1 mg
Sodium 262.5 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 25 g49.5%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 22.8%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a polythene abg, put drumsticks with seasoned flour.
2) Toss the drumsticks well to coat in the flour evenly.
3) In a heavy bottomed pan, heat the oil.
4) In hot oil, fry the drumsticks until brown from all the sides.
5) In a casserole, transfer the drumsticks.
6) In the heated pan, fry the onions until brown.
7) Add to the pan, excess flour along with curry powder, apricots with juices, cloves , lemon juice and stock.
8) Boil the stock while stirring.
9) Pour the mixture over the drumsticks.
10) Cover the casserole and in oven cook at 325 degrees F for 2 hours.
11) Cool it quickly and remove excess fat from the top.
12) Reheat before serving.