- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Cider Baked Ham Recipe
|Ham steak||3 Pound, pre-cooked , center cut (2 Slices, 1 To 1 1/2 Pound Each)|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Sweet cider/Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 631 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.8%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 234.8 mg
Sodium 208.6 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 33.3 g
Protein 76 g152.9%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 12.3%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 2-quart utility dish, place both the ham steaks and arrange the onion slices over the steaks.
2) In a bowl, mix the cider and sugar together and pour over the onion.
3) Place the cloves along the edges of the steaks, if desired.
4) Cover and cook in the microwave for 8 to 9 minutes, turning over the ham halfway.
5) Remove ham from the cider and stir in the raisins. 6) In a bowl, mix the cornstarch, water, cinnamon and nutmeg together, then stir into the cider.
7) Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
8) Spoon sauce over the ham and serve immediately.