- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Chestnut Stuffing Recipe
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
|Fresh chestnuts/2 pound canned chestnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs), fresh ones sliced and boiled|
|Dry bread cubes||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Rubbed sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||1 Teaspoon, seasoned|
|Hot water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4170 Calories from Fat 1865
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 212 g326.3%
Saturated Fat 121.9 g609.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 483.8 mg161.3%
Sodium 8249.2 mg343.7%
Total Carbohydrates 494 g164.6%
Dietary Fiber 45.5 g182.1%
Sugars 58.8 g
Protein 73 g145.1%
Vitamin A 183.7% Vitamin C 68.1%
Calcium 133% Iron 284.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, saute the celery and onions in butter, until tender.
2) Then stir in the chestnuts and saute for another for 5 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, mix the bread cubes, salt, pepper, parsley flakes, sage, rosemary leaves and nutmeg together.
4) In a small bowl, dissolve the seasoned stock base in water.
5) Add to the bread mixture along with the chestnut mixture, toss until thoroughly mixed.
6) Use the Spiced Chestnut Stuffing for stuffing chicken, turkey, Cornish hens, or as required.