- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Cherry Scones Recipe Video
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), diced|
|Dried tart cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
|White sugar||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 243 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.8 mg
Sodium 231.3 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 0.23%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and dust with flour.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
4. Add butter, using a pastry cutter, break the butter into the flour, until it becomes pea sized.
3. Add milk, egg and cherries, with a rubber spatula, gently mix all ingredients together.
4. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking sheet. Dust your hands with some flour and make a circle of about 9 inches, 3/4 inch thick.
7. Dab with milk and sprinkle some white sugar all over the scone.
7. Using a pizza cutter divide the circle into 8 triangles, do not separate.
8. Bake at 400F for 15 to 18 minutes.Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
9. Serve with tea or any other beverage of your choice.