- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Cherry Rugelach: Cookie Jar Recipe Video
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, cubed|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Our||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (+ sugar for sprinkling on top)|
|Dried cherries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped finely|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Apricot jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5333 Calories from Fat 2853
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 328 g504.4%
Saturated Fat 165.9 g829.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 733.2 mg
Sodium 1260.9 mg52.5%
Total Carbohydrates 565 g188.2%
Dietary Fiber 20.8 g83.2%
Sugars 325.5 g
Protein 59 g118.1%
Vitamin A 184.6% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 60.4% Iron 103.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Cream the cream cheese and butter in mixer until smooth.
2. To this mixer add sugar, salt and vanilla. Slowly add the ﬂour and mix until just combined.
3. Lightly ﬂour two pieces of plastic wrap. Divide the dough in half and place on plastic. Wrap plastic around dough, ﬂatten into a disc and place in refrigerator.
4. In another bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, cherries and walnuts.
5. Take 1 disc of dough out of refrigerator. Pat out into a 9-inch circle.
6. Spread the dough with half the apricot jam and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cherry and nut ﬁlling. Press the ﬁlling lightly into the dough.
7. Cut the circle into 12 equal wedges—cutting the whole circle in quarters, then each quarter into thirds.
8. Starting with the wide edge, roll up each wedge.
9. Place the cookies, points tucked under, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle tops with a bit of sugar.
10. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Repeat with second disc of dough.
11. Serve with your favorite choice of beverages and enjoy!