- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Applesauce Bread Recipe
|Applesauce||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 491 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.2 mg
Sodium 370.1 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 50.5 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
3. In a small bowl, mix together applesauce, granulated sugar, salad oil, eggs and milk until well combined.
4. Using a sieve, sift flour with baking soda, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and allspice.
5. Add dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredient mixture and beat well.
6. Stir in ½ cup pecans.
7. Into the greased pan, pour the mixture.
8. In a separate bowl, mix remaining pecans with brown sugar and remaining cinnamon and sprinkle on top of the batter.
9. Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour.
10. Remove bread from pan and place on a wire rack for cooling.
11. Slice Spiced Applesauce Bread and serve with a glass of milk.