- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Applesauce Recipe
|Cooking apples||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Pared cored thinly sliced cooking apples||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1894 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.6%
Saturated Fat 0.81 g4.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 29.2 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 501 g167%
Dietary Fiber 70.5 g282%
Sugars 399.5 g
Protein 8 g15.3%
Vitamin A 31.3% Vitamin C 232.4%
Calcium 20% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a slow cooker, put the apples.
2) Combine the cinnamon and sugar together and add the mixture to the apples. Mix well.
3) Add the water and lemon juice and stir well. If desired, nutmeg can also be added.
4) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for 5 to 7 hours or over high heat for 2 ½ to 3 ½ hours.
5) Stir the preparation to get a chunky sauce.
6) Serve hot or cold, as preferred.