- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Apple Muffins Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bran flakes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peeled grated apple||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2517 Calories from Fat 672
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.5%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 438 mg146%
Sodium 3808.1 mg158.7%
Total Carbohydrates 422 g140.8%
Dietary Fiber 20.5 g81.9%
Sugars 182.6 g
Protein 50 g100.1%
Vitamin A 44.1% Vitamin C 11.2%
Calcium 152.7% Iron 180.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease the muffin cups.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine baking powder, sugar. salt, flour, bran flakes and spices.
3) With a fork, stir thoroughly together.
4) In the center of dry ingredients by pushing them to the edges of the bowl, make a well.
5) In seperate bowl, beat eggs lightly.
6) Add apple, oil and milk to beaten egg.
7) Pour the egg mix into well.
8) Stir enough to moisten.
9) If batter is lumpy, let it be like this.
10) Fill muffin tins 3/4 full with muffin batter.
11) Bake at 400°F (200°C) in oven for 15-20 minutes.
12) Let the muffins rest for 5 minutes then remove from cups.
13) Serve the warm muffins with tea of coffee.