- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Apple Carrot Bake Recipe
|Light brown sugar||1 Tablespoon, firmly packed|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), diagonally sliced, cooked tender-crisp|
|Apples||4 Small, thinly sliced|
|Apples||4 Small, cored and thinly sliced|
|Reduced calorie tub margarine||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
Calories 105 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.4%
Saturated Fat 0.39 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 45.7 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 0.91 g1.8%
Vitamin A 215.8% Vitamin C 14%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a small bowl, mix the sugar, ginger and nutmeg together, keep aside.
3) In a 1 1/2-quart casserole sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray, place 1/2 cup carrots, top with 1/4 apple slices and sprinkle with 1/2 of the sugar mixture.
4) Repeat the layers thrice, finish with the sugar mixture and dot with the margarine.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the carrots and apples are tender and lightly browned on top.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.