- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spice Rub Thanksgiving Turkey With Pineapple And Mustard Glaze Recipe Video
|Turkey||10 Pound (Giblets Removed)|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh sage||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Bunch (100 gm), cut into 4-inch sticks|
|Onions||2 , quartered|
|Carrots||2 , cut into 4-inch sticks|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spice rub||2 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple and mustard glaze||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 2401 Calories from Fat 1242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 139 g213.6%
Saturated Fat 31.5 g157.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 816.4 mg
Sodium 1088.1 mg45.3%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.5%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 234 g468.2%
Vitamin A 121.1% Vitamin C 67.7%
Calcium 26.9% Iron 90.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Wash the turkey under cold running water and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
3) Insert the parsley, lemons and sage into the cavity of the turkey.
4) Spread the celery, onions and carrots on a sheet pan and drizzle it with olive oil.
5) Place the turkey on the vegetables and gently rub it with the spice rub.
6) Drizzle the turkey with olive oil and season generously with salt.
7) Roast the turkey in the preheated oven at for about 2 hours, brushing the turkey with the pineapple glaze every 20 to 30 minutes.
8) Continue to roast until an instant read thermometer registers 160 to 165˚F in the deepest part of the white meat of the turkey.
9) Remove turkey from the oven and set aside to rest for 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
10) Carve the turkey and serve with pineapple and mustard glaze and roasted vegetables.