- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Lamb Patty With Fig And Mustard Sauce Recipe Video
|Lean ground lamb||1 Pound|
|Mint||2 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Fig preserves||1 Tablespoon|
|Country mustard||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 833 Calories from Fat 531
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.9%
Saturated Fat 24.4 g121.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 271.3 mg
Sodium 376.6 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 45 g90.9%
Vitamin A 27.6% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 29.4% Iron 51.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) Spiced lamb patty: In a frying pan or skillet, add all the seasonings and lightly toast over a medium heat for just a minute to bring out the aroma and flavor of the spices.
3) In a mixing bowl, combine the spices, ground lamb and egg together.
4) Mix thoroughly and shape the mixture into two patties, about a half-inch thick.
5) In a lightly greased broiler pan, lay the lamb patties.
6) Place the broiler pan 3 to 4 inches from the heat source and broil for about 8 to 10 minutes.
7)Fig and mustard sauce: In a bowl, combine one part country mustard with three parts fig preserves.
8) Spoon the fig and mustard sauce over the spiced lamb patties and serve.