- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spice Maple Alaska Recipe
|Single layer spice cake mix||16 Ounce|
|Maple pecan ice cream||1 Quart|
|Maple flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 555 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.3 mg
Sodium 685 mg28.5%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 64.5 g
Protein 10 g19.2%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 24.8% Iron 0.12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 500°F (250°C).
2) Prepare cake as per the package directions in a 9x9 inch pan.
3) Cool and remove the cake from the pan. Then trim the cake 1 cm larger than the ice cream along the edges.
4) Place the cake on a wooden cutting board and the ice cream in the freezer.
5) Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then mix the maple flavoring.
6) Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar until stiff peaks are formed.
7) Place the ice cream over the cake, spread over the meringue, sealing the cake edges.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for about 3 minutes, until the meringue is golden.
9) Serve immediately in a nice plate.