- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spice Cupcakes Recipe
|Cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin-pie spice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), ground|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3074 Calories from Fat 1171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g205.4%
Saturated Fat 65.8 g328.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 679.9 mg
Sodium 898.2 mg37.4%
Total Carbohydrates 443 g147.8%
Dietary Fiber 26.5 g106.1%
Sugars 260.4 g
Protein 52 g104.8%
Vitamin A 69.5% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 43.7% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease 12 muffin pan cups.
3) In a large mixer bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and pumpkin-pie spice.
4) Fold in brown sugar, butter or margarine and milk.
5) Beat at low speed 1 1/2 minutes.
6) Stir in egg yolks and vanilla and beat for 1 1/2 minutes.
7) Pour the batter in muffin-pan cups until half full.
8) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cakes comes out clean.
9) Place the pan over a wire racks and allow to cool the layers for 10 minutes
10) In small bowl of mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy-white.
11) While still beating, add in granulated sugar until meringue stands in firm peaks.
12) Fold in nuts; spread over cupcakes.
13) Broil, 6 inches from heat, for 4 minutes, or until golden.
14) Serve at room temperature dusted with icing sugar if desired.