- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spice Cupcakes: Cupcake Show #11 Recipe Video
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground all spice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For dry ingredients|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Table salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , zested|
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.6%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.6 mg36.2%
Sodium 158.2 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 32 g
Protein 4 g8.9%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
3. In a microwave proof bowl, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and mix in all spices and set aside.
4.In another bowl, put in all the dry ingredients and whisk well to mix.
5. In mixer bowl, cream remaining butter with sugar and molasses until ﬂuffy, in a stand mixer.
6. Add in the butter-spice mixture and beat well until combined.
7 Add in the eggs 1 egg at a time and mix well after each addition, add in vanilla.
8.Put in the ﬂour mixture in 2 batches alternating it with half of buttermilk, mix until just combined.
9. Add in the remaining flour mixture and buttermilk and mix until just combined.
10. Scoop the batter into baking cups using a medium ice cream scoop.
11. Bake the cupcake in oven for 20 minutes or until light brown on top.
12. Remove the pan out of oven and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
13. Turn out the cupcakes and place them on cooling rack and cool completely.
For the frosting
14. In mixer bowl, beat together butter and powdered sugar until well combined.
15. Add in the cream cheese a little bit at a time, until well mixed.
16. Add vanilla and orange zest and beat until smooth.
17. Spread the frosting on the top of cupcakes, and refrigerate for 15 minutes to 30 minutes or until the frosting sets.
18. Serve as desired.
Freeze the cupcakes on a rack and the wrap individually if desired.