- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spice Cookies Recipe
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sweet butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), softened|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6025 Calories from Fat 2668
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 304 g467.4%
Saturated Fat 188.6 g942.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 985.6 mg
Sodium 465.8 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 793 g264.3%
Dietary Fiber 20 g79.9%
Sugars 403.6 g
Protein 62 g123.5%
Vitamin A 185.5% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 29.8% Iron 140%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg, beating well. Add dry ingredients in two additions and mix until blended.
3. Divide dough into thirds. Place one piece on waxed paper and roll into a log 1-inch (3-cm) in diameter. Repeat with other two pieces of dough. Wrap each roll in waxed paper and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Can be frozen at this point. Freezes for up to 1 month.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
5. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly oil.
6. With a sharp knife, cut each log on a diagonal in 1/8-inch pieces. Place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake in oven for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute, then remove to wire rack.