- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spice Carrot Cake Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple in syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 495 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.2%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg
Sodium 494.3 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 36.8 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 73% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease generously an 8-inch (6 cup) microwave round baking dish.
2. Invert a small, 3-inch round mouthed glass in the center or the dish. Alternatively grease a microwave proof ring mould.
3. Into a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and soda, spices and salt.
4. Stir in the sugar and carrot.
5. In another small bowl blend together the oil, eggs, pineapple syrup and vanilla.
6. Add liquid to dry ingredients and use an electric mixer or a wire whisk to beat until the batter is smooth
7. Pour the cake batter into the prepared dish and spread evenly.
8. Cook on HIGH for about 10 to 11 minutes or until the cake begins to leave the sides of dish and is spongy to touch.
9. Cover the dish and let it stand for about 10 minutes.
10. Run a spatula or knife around edge of the cake, remove glass, then carefully invert onto a serving plate.
11. Allow the cake to cool completely or serve slightly warm
12. Slice and serve warm with tea or coffee or frost with a cream cheese topping and serve as dessert if you like.