- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spice Cake With Coffee Frosting Recipe
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, ground|
|Cinnamon||2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon, cut into pieces (1 Stick)|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Large, lightly beaten|
|Instant coffee crystals||2 Tablespoon|
|Tap water||1 Teaspoon (Hot)|
|Unsalted butter||12 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature, 1 1/2 Sticks)|
|Ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cream cheese||12 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6791 Calories from Fat 3387
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 385 g592.4%
Saturated Fat 230.7 g1153.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1476.1 mg
Sodium 5310.7 mg221.3%
Total Carbohydrates 784 g261.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.6%
Sugars 539 g
Protein 77 g153.4%
Vitamin A 253.4% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 127.8% Iron 126.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a 9-inch round cake pan, apply butter and line the bottom with a round waxed paper and butter the paper.
3) In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves together, whisk to mix and keep aside.
4) In a saucepan, bring the milk and sugar to a boil, turn off the heat and stir in the butter and molasses.
5) When the butter is melted, whisk the milk mixture into the flour mixture, then whisk in the eggs.
7) Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes
8) Allow the cake to in the pan for 5 minutes on a wire rack, then loosen the edges cake, invert and allow to cool further.
9) In a small bowl, stir the instant coffee in water to dissolve.
10) In a mixing bowl, cream the butter with the spices, with a hand mixer. Gradually beat in the cream cheese and coffee, blend well.
11) Gradually beat in the sugar, mix well and keep aside.
12) Halve the cake horizontally in 2 layers. Evenly spread about 1 1/4 cups of the icing over the bottom layer. Then place the top layer and spread the frosting on the sides and top of the cake.
13) Slice and serve on a serving plate.