- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nutty Spice Cake Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seeded raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour milk/Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 643 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.3%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102 mg
Sodium 400.6 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 73.3 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 24.1% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 350°.
2) In a bowl, add butter and sugar to cream together.
3) Fold in egg yolks and thoroughly beat.
4) Separately combine dry ingredients and sift together.
5) Fold in nuts and raisins to dry ingredients.
6) In another bowl, combine buttermilk with soda.
7) Add the dry mixture to the first mixture by alternating with buttermilk mixture.
8) Combine thoroughly and fold in beaten egg whites.
9) Use 2 well oiled 8-inch cake pans to pour in the batter.
10) Place inside oven to bake for 20-30 minutes.
11) Allow to cool.
12) In a bowl, whip cream with brown sugar and maple flavoring.
13) Spread the whipped cream mixture on top, before serving.