- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spice and Honey Salmon with Couscous Recipe
|Ras el hanout spice blend||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic clove/2 small cloves||1 Large, crushed|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||3 Teaspoon (Plus Extra For Drizzling)|
|Boneless, skinless salmon fillets||2|
|Couscous||5 Ounce (140 Gram)|
|Clear honey||2 Teaspoon|
|Mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely sliced (Use A Handful)|
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 0.58 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg
Sodium 260.7 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 21 g42.7%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 46.7%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
2. Add juice of ½ a lemon and zest with garlic, spice, ½ portion of spring onions and 2 tsp of oil. Season thoroughly.
3. Take a shallow dish, arrange salmon in it and cover with marinade. Keep aside for 10 min to marinate thoroughly.
4. In a large bowl, add couscous. Add rest of the lemon juice along spring onions, 150 ml of boiling water and oil, cover and keep aside.
5. Take a baking tray, line it, add salmon to it and top with leftover marinade, if any, and roast 15 min.
6. After 10 minutes, top each of the fillet with 1 teaspoon of clear honey.
7. Mix mint with couscous and using a fork, fluff it.
8. Serve the salmon along with couscous topped with lemon wedges and juices present in baking tray.