- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spencer Christian's Spaghetti With Lentil Sauce Recipe
|Dried lentils||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), picked over, rinsed|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced to make 2 teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Roasted tomato sauce/Two 15-ounce cans of your favorite purchased tomato sauce||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs) (Use Fresh)|
|Tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Seeded chopped tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||2 Dash|
|Dried spaghetti||1 Pound|
Calories 642 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 0.82 g4.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 171 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g53.9%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 27 g54.9%
Vitamin A 42.1% Vitamin C 79.9%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 52.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, add lentils and water. Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes till tender.
2) Drain and keep aside.
3) In large skillet heat oil and cook onion and the garlic over moderately low heat till onion is softened.
4) Stir in tomato sauce, chopped tomato, water, spices, salt, hot sauce, and cooked lentils.
5) Cook over simmering heat till heated through.
6) Follow packages instructions to cook the spaghetti.
7) Drain spaghetti.
8) Serve spaghetti in individual bowls and top with lentil sauce.