- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Special-Morning Oatmeal Recipe Video
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed|
|Apples||2 Medium, peeled, cored and thinly sliced|
|Dried cranberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sweetened|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs), uncooked|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cranberry juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (cocktail)|
Calories 560 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.3%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg
Sodium 9 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.7%
Sugars 68.5 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 33.7%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, place together brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. Add in the apples and cranberries, and toss well to coat.
3. In a slow cooker, put the apple mixture and dot with butter.
4. In a bowl, place oats, water and cranberry juice cocktail and apple juice, and pour over fruit mixture in slow cooker.
5. Do not stir, cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
6. Turn off the heat and stir just before serving.
7. Serve warm as desired.
you can make this dish a night before and serve it the next morning.