- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Special Fried Rice Recipe
|Leftover rice/2 cups water||3 Cup (48 tbs), cold|
|White rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil/Wok oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Ginger root||2 Inch, grated or minced|
|Shredded carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Available In Pouches In Produce Section)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , diced|
|Scallions||4 , thinly sliced on an angle|
|Frozen peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tamari||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Dark Soy Sauce, Found On Asian Foods Aisle)|
Calories 700 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.7%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141 mg
Sodium 1686.1 mg70.3%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 18 g35.5%
Vitamin A 113.7% Vitamin C 62.1%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 31.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan boil water.
2) Stir in rice and cook on reduced heat.
3) Cover and cook over medium-low heat until tender for 15 to 18 minutes.
4) On a cookie sheet spread rice to cool quickly.
5) Heat a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat.
6) Put 1 tablespoon oil to the pan.
7) Mix eggs and scramble and move them to the side of the pan.
8) Add little more oil to the center.
9) Stir in garlic and ginger.
10) Add carrots, pepper, and scallions and fry for 2 minutes.
11) Mix in rice and combine with veggies.
12) Cook for another 2 or 3 minutes.
13) Stir in peas and soy sauce and sautÃ© for 1 minute.
14) Serve immediately.