- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Special Egg Casserole Recipe
|Cream of celery||10 Ounce|
|Milk||113 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water chestnuts||5 Ounce|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bread||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||8 , coarsely chopped|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1176 Calories from Fat 742
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g131.3%
Saturated Fat 23.2 g115.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 544.7 mg
Sodium 1963.3 mg81.8%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 39 g77.3%
Vitamin A 42.7% Vitamin C 34.5%
Calcium 62% Iron 28.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Grease a 6-cup casserole dish with butter.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine soup and milk.
4. Stir in mayonnaise.
5. Add celery, green pepper, water chestnuts, onion, parsley and pepper; blend well.
6. Add the chopped eggs and mix with folding movements.
7. In a pan, melt butter and toss bread cubes.
8. Stir in the cheese and keep aside.
9. In the greased casserole dish, pour the mixture.
10. Top with bread cheese mixture.
11. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 25 minutes until bread is browned and egg mixture is bubbling.
12. Serve piping hot.