- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Special California Roll Recipe Video
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , cut into strips|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crab stticks||200 Gram, finely chopped|
|Mayonnaise||1 Tablespoon (Japanese)|
|For sushi rice base|
|Sushi rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained|
Calories 609 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.6%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 39.4 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g19%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 17 g34.3%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 14%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare sushi rice base.
2. Cut cucumber, and avocado as shown in the video.
3. Squeeze lime juice on avocado to prevent it from browning. Set aside.
4. In a bowl, combine crab stick and mayonnaise. Mix well. Set aside.
5. On the middle of the sushi base spread crab mayo mixture evenly all the way across.
6. Top it with cucumber and avocado strips.
7. Roll bamboo mat from the edge as shown in the video. While rolling put a firm grip, but gently making sure that everything is comes together, and the rice is not smashed.
8. Once done, open the bamboo mat, and remove saran wrap.
9. Place sushi rolls on the cutting board, and sprinkle sesame seed all over it. Rub to coat evenly.
10. With a sharp knife cut it into slices.
11. Transfer it to serving platter, and serve special California sushi roll with spicy sauce.