- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spatchcock Turkey Recipe
|Turkey legs and thighs||2 , cut at joint into serving pieces|
|Poultry seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemons||2 , thinly sliced|
|Chutney||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Soft brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole tomatoes||4 (Use Fresh)|
|Baked potatoes/Sauteed potatoes||4|
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.2%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.8 mg
Sodium 711.5 mg29.6%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.1%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 30 g59.8%
Vitamin A 30.9% Vitamin C 99.7%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 71.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Apply poultry seasoning and salt inside the turkey.
2) Cover each with lemon slices.
3) Take a small glass bowl or casserole, add chutney, catsup, lemon juice, and sugar one after another and mix well.
4) Heat 1 or 2 minutes on low heat in the microwave till the mixture starts boiling.
5) Spoon the mixture over turkey joints and cook without lid on “Roast Mode” for 20 minutes.
6) Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley.
7) Serve with baked tomatoes (ensure that the skin is pierced in several places before cooking in microwave) and baked or sautéed potatoes.