- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sparkling Thanksgiving Punch Recipe Video
|Apple cider||1 Gallon|
|Cranberry pomegranate juice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (100% sugar free)|
|Oranges||2 Medium, cut|
|Lemon||1 , cut (Optional)|
|Maple syrup||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (pure)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger ale||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Green apple||1 Large, cubed|
|Pomegranate||1 Large, seeded|
|Oranges||2 Medium, segmented|
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.26 g0.4%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 16.5 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 39.3 g
Protein 0.75 g1.5%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 33.4%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, over medium heat, add apple cider, cranberry-pomegrante juice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, oranges and lemon.
2. Stir to combine. Bring to a slight boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
3. Strain mixture, discard the oranges, lemon, cloves and cinnamon sticks (or create potpourri, see post).
4. Return punch to pot. Add in maple and brown sugar.
5. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add vanilla extract and remove from heat.
6. Let punch cool slightly before pouring into a pitcher. Refrigerate overnight.
7. In serving glasses, place the mixed fruits and 1 cinnamon stick, filling about a ¼ full. Pour the cold apple cider into the glasses. Add a splash of ginger ale on top. Serve chilled.
Freeze the fruit on a baking tray if you want to use them for ice cubes as well.