- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sparkling Citrus Salad Recipe
|Canned crushed pineapple||9 Ounce (1 Can Or 1 Cup)|
|Canned grapefruit sections||1 Pound (2 Cups Or 1 Can)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Broken pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ginger ale||2 Cup (32 tbs), chilled (2 Small Bottles)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 861 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.9%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 213.8 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.3%
Sugars 81.6 g
Protein 34 g67.4%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 252.8%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain and reserve the syrups from the grapefruit and pineapple.
2) In a saucepan, stir and heat the gelatin in the reserved syrups until dissolved.
3) Turn off the heat, mix in the paprika and salt, then allow to cool.
4) Stir in the grapefruit, pecans and pineapple and refrigerate until cold.
5) Stir in the ginger ale and refrigerate until slightly firm.
6) In a 1-quart mold, pour the mixture and refrigerate until firm.
7) Unmold in a platter, garnish with the maraschino cherries and serve with the fruit dressing or mayonnaise.