- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spareribs A La Gilroy Recipe
|Spare ribs||2 Pound|
|Soy sauce||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), minced|
|Five spice powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Peach brandy||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 0.18 g0.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.7 mg
Sodium 1686.1 mg70.3%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.6%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 36 g72.4%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 7% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, mix together garlic, maple syrup, soy sauce, peach brandy, five spice powder and ground ginger.
3) To a shallow dish, transfer the ribs, pour the above mixture and allow the ribs to marinate in the sauce for 2 hours, turning them over once in a while.
4) In the oven, place the marinated ribs on a rack with a shallow baking pan filled with 1-inch boiling water.
5) Bake the ribs for 30 minutes basting in between with the marinade on both sides.
6) Turn down the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake the ribs for another 45 monutes, turning them over halfway through.
7) Remove from oven and let the ribs rest for a while.
8) Slice the ribs to 3-inch length pieces and serve warm.