- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Summer Soup Recipe
|Garlic clove||1 Small|
|White bread slice||1 (Use Thick Slices)|
|Canned tomatoes||30 Ounce (2 Cans, 15 Ounce Or 425 Gram Each)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (Or Scant 1 Litre)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste (Or Milled)|
|Castor sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 317 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 673.5 mg28.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 10 g19.7%
Vitamin A 48.1% Vitamin C 152.9%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim both ends of spring onion and chop.
2. Peel cucumber and chop roughly.
3. Cut green pepper into half, deseed and shred roughly.
4. Peel the garlic clove and crush to a puree with a little salt.
5. Trim and discard the crusts from the white bread and soak in a little cold water for a few minutes.
6. Squeeze the soaked bread to remove excess moisture.
7. In a bowl, Place all the vegetables together; add the tinned tomatoes along with the liquid.
8. Add the oil and the bread.
9. In an electric blender, blend half at a time until coarsely pureed.
10. Into a large bowl, pour the puree.
11. Stir in the cold stock, season with salt and pepper to taste, and add sugar and vinegar.
12. Cover and refrigerator for several hours until chill.
13. Sprinkle chopped parsley before serving.
14. Serve chill.