- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Style Chicken And Rice Recipe
|Long grain rice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Preferably Converted)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken wings||3 Pound (12 Wings)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (Small Cloves)|
|Canned corn kernels||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Bottled pimientos/Roasted red peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pitted green olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or Pimiento Stuffed)|
|Dried red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 612 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 129.3 mg43.1%
Sodium 608.4 mg25.3%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.2%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 55 g109.8%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C 48.6%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Using a sharp knife, cut through the wing joints of the chicken to separate each one into three parts. Save the bony wing tips for stock or discard them.
3. Heat the oil in a large deep saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken wings, lower the heat and saute until the skin stiffens, about 4 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, mince the garlic and drain the corn.
4. When the wings are golden, add the garlic and cook until you get a whiff of its aroma, 10 seconds. Then add the tomatoes and their juices. Break up the tomatoes by pressing them against the bottom of the skillet with the side of a wooden spoon.
5. Add the corn. Cover and simmer over medium heat until the wings are cooked through, 15 minutes. During this time chop the pimientos and add them to the skillet. Slice or chop the olives and set them aside.
6. When the chicken is cooked |-sÂ»^l through, stir in the olives, cover, and simmer 5 minutes longer. Then stir the stew, season with red pepper flakes and salt to taste, and serve over the rice.