- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Style Chicken and Rice Recipe
|Cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz), chopped|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Cooked chicken/Turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into pieces|
|Chicken/Turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into pieces|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green chilies||1 Can (10 oz), cut into strips|
|Monterey jack cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
|Sliced ripe olives||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz), drained (Or 1 Small)|
Calories 1068 Calories from Fat 513
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94.3%
Saturated Fat 27.2 g135.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 221.8 mg
Sodium 1258.2 mg52.4%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 61 g121.6%
Vitamin A 60.8% Vitamin C 306.9%
Calcium 75.7% Iron 38.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350° F before baking.
2) In a large bowl, mix together rice, tomatoes, onion and chicken and add in salt and pepper to taste.
3) Take a greased, shallow 2 1/2-quart casserole and pour half the rice mixture in it in an even layer.
4) Continue layers with half the sour cream, half the chili strips, half the cheese and all the olives.
5) Further repeat the layers with remaining ingredients.
6) Chill for about 24 hours after covering the casserole.
7) On the following day, uncover and bake for 45 minutes (1 hour if still chilled) in preheated oven until done and then keep aside for 10 minutes.
8) Serve warm with tossed green salad, hot bread and libation of your choice.