- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Style Chicken and Rice Recipe
|Cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz), chopped|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Cooked chicken/Turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into pieces|
|Chicken/Turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into pieces|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green chilies||1 Can (10 oz), cut into strips|
|Monterey jack cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
|Ripe olives||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Sliced ripe olives||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz), drained (Or 1 Small)|
Calories 957 Calories from Fat 459
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85.3%
Saturated Fat 25.2 g126%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.9 mg
Sodium 1359 mg56.6%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 47 g93.4%
Vitamin A 62.9% Vitamin C 230.2%
Calcium 76.5% Iron 38%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350° F before baking.
2) In a large bowl, mix together rice, tomatoes, onion and chicken and add in salt and pepper to taste.
3) Take a greased, shallow 2 1/2-quart casserole and pour half the rice mixture in it in an even layer.
4) Continue layers with half the sour cream, half the chili strips, half the cheese and all the olives.
5) Further repeat the layers with remaining ingredients.
6) Chill for about 24 hours after covering the casserole.
7) On the following day, uncover and bake for 45 minutes (1 hour if still chilled) in preheated oven until done and then keep aside for 10 minutes.
8) Serve warm with tossed green salad, hot bread and libation of your choice.