- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Soup Recipe
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Red peppers||2 , canned|
|Cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Coarse salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 987 Calories from Fat 555
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.8%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1823.1 mg76%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.2%
Dietary Fiber 23.3 g93.2%
Sugars 45 g
Protein 16 g31.2%
Vitamin A 296.1% Vitamin C 950.9%
Calcium 37.6% Iron 49.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel garlic and mince thoroughly.
2) Peel onions and slice in rings.
3) Thoroughly wash leek under running water and slice.
4) Strain off the liquid of red peppers and dice.
5) Wash and dry green pepper and dice.
6) Peel tomatoes and slice.
7) In a soup kettle, add oil to heat up.
8) Add garlic, onion and leek to sauté.
9) Cover with lid and reduce heat to low. Simmer the contents for 10 minutes, stirring couple of times.
10) Put tomato slices and dices of red and green pepper.
11) Simmer for another 15 minutes.
12) Pour in hot water and mix well.
13) Bring the liquid to a boil by increasing the heat.
14) Gradually add minced cabbage, thyme, cloves and bay leaf. Season with coarse salt.
15) Place the lid on top to cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer the soup for another 1.5-2 hours.
16) Garnish with freshly ground pepper and drizzle few drops of olive oil before serving.