- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Rice with Chorizo & Prawns Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Bell peppers||2 , chopped (colors of your choice)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Chorizo||50 Gram, halved|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Basmati rice||250 Gram|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg
Sodium 240.3 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 77.9%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and add in the bell peppers. Cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add in the onion, garlic and chorizo and cook for 2 minutes while stirring in between.
3. Stir in the basmati rice, tomatoes and pour in the water. Bring to a boil and cover with lid. Let it simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
4. Remove the lid and stir in the prawns and cook for 2 minutes on high heat.
5. Serve Spanish rice with some toasted bread.