- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Homemade Spanish Rice Made with Brown Rice Recipe Video
|Brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (not instant)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 Medium (chopped 1 inch size)|
|Tomato puree||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 1054 Calories from Fat 338
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.2%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 3125.2 mg130.2%
Total Carbohydrates 160 g53.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.1%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 19 g37.6%
Vitamin A 24.6% Vitamin C 75.8%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 34.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedTeflon coated frying pan with a lid or heavy pan with a tight fitting lid
1. Cut the green pepper and rough chop the onions, set aside.
2. In a large frying pan pour the olive oil and butter, add the rice and stir for 5-10 minutes until the rice is browned.
3. Add the onions and bell pepper, stir and cook the onions until translucent.
4. Add the warm chicken broth, tomato puree, salt, garlic powder and chili powder; bring it to a boil on medium high heat.
5. Once it reaches to full boil cover the pan and cook the rice for 40-50 minutes.
6. Serve the Spanish rice hot along with a fresh salad.
Do not scrape the bottom of the pan as the rice might be slightly burnt.