- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Vegetable Rice Recipe
|Vegetable stock||500 Milliliter|
|Safflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Bell pepper||1⁄2 , cored|
|Pepper red||1⁄2 , cored|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled|
|Dry white wine||125 Milliliter|
|Saffron threads||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Black pepper salt||To Taste|
Calories 364 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 0.46 g2.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 318.1 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.2%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 8 g15.3%
Vitamin A 21.7% Vitamin C 77.1%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut all the veggies, as desired.
2) In a small saucepan, boil the stock.
3) In a heavy-bottomed large pan, heat oil and saute onion and garlic until soften.
4) In the pan, add peppers and tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
5) Add rice and cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
6) Pour wine and cook for more 2 minutes until wine is evaporated.
7) Add hot stock, saffron or turmeric and stir.
8) Simmer the uncovered pan over low-medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice cook al dante.
9) Keep covered until served and season according to taste with salt and pepper.
10) Serve the Spanish rice as side dish with any Spanish curry.