- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Rice With Bacon Drippings Recipe
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bacon drippings/Butter /margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Liquid pepper sauce||1 Drop|
Calories 159 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.2 mg
Sodium 315 mg13.1%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 28.5%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the rice and keep it aside.
2. Take a microwave-oven-safe roast rack set and spread the bacon over it. Place it over glass baking dish and wrap it with paper towel and microwave it for about 4 minutes at high, until done. Crumble the bacon and keep it aside.
3. Take a 2-quart glass casserole and add bacon drippings, onion and green pepper into it. Microwave it for 4 minutes at high by stirring it only once.
4. In the meanwhile cut tomatoes and blend them with tomato liquid, seasonings and cooked rice , stir them well. Microwave the dish to serving temperature by covering it.
5. Spray bacon over the top.
6. Serve as required.