- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Rice With Chicken Stock Recipe
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Long grain rice||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Ground saffron||1 Pinch|
|Green pepper||1 , pith and seeds removed and chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , red pepper|
|Tomatoes||2 , skinned and chopped|
|Peeled shrimp||4 Ounce (Baby Shrimp)|
Calories 409 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.7 mg
Sodium 363.6 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 15 g30.5%
Vitamin A 35.8% Vitamin C 136.4%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Sauté the onion in the oil and butter or margarine until translucent.
2) Add rice to this and heat gently, tossing, for 2 to 3 minutes.
3) Mix the stock, saffron and green and red peppers to this.
4) Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes so that the excess stock gets absorbed.
5) Mix tomatoes, seasoning to taste and the prawns (shrimp) to this.
6) Heat gently, tossing for about 5 minutes.
7) Serve hot.