- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Pork And Rice Casserole Recipe
|Pork chops||4 Large|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Green pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 (1 Package)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Italian tomatoes||1 Large, peeled|
Calories 461 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.3%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 81.8 mg
Sodium 427.6 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 31 g61.1%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) In a large frying pan, lightly brown both sides of the chops in hot olive oil.
3) Transfer the chops in a plate and discard excess fat with a sharp knife.
4) In a shallow ovenproof baking dish or casserole, arrange the chops.
5) Sprinkle the chops with salt and pepper.
6) In the frying pan, add green pepper and onion in remaining fat.
7) Fry them over medium heat to golden.
8) Stir in rice and cook, until golden. Add little olive oil, if necessary.
9) Soak the vegetables in chicken stock and tomatoes.
10) Cover chops with this mixture. Sprinkle salt, pepper and paprika, to season.
11) Tightly cover the baking dish, with a piece of aluminum foil or its lid.
12) Place inside oven to for 40 to 50 minutes, or until rice tastes done and pork is tender.
13) Serve warm with green salad.