- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Omelette Recipe Video
|Fresh eggs||3 Large|
|Potatoes||50 Gram, cold cooked|
|Red pepper||25 Gram|
|Peas||25 Gram, uncooked|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chives||6 Medium (for garnish)|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
Calories 228 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 317.2 mg
Sodium 4718.1 mg196.6%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 13 g26.2%
Vitamin A 79.7% Vitamin C 112.9%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the cold cooked potatoes into a medium dice.
2. Cut the pepper into a medium dice and a little into julienne for garnish.
3. Blanch the peas.
4. Pre-heat the grill to hot.
5. Break the eggs into a bowl, season to taste and beat.
6. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the butter and oil.
7. When the butter begins to bubble add the potatoes, diced pepper and peas.
8. Gently stir-fry for a few minutes to allow them to heat through.
9. Add the beaten egg mixture to the pan. Move the pan with one hand and stir with a fork or spatula with the other until the omelette reaches the still runny on top stage (‘baveuse’).
10. Slide the pan under the grill for a few moments until the omelette turns a nice golden brown in color.
11. Remove from the grill and carefully slide the spanish omelette from the pan onto a warmed plate, keeping it flat.
12. Garnish the spanish omelette with a little julienne of pepper and a few chives and serve immediately.