- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Omelette Recipe Video
|Potatoes||5 , peeled and sliced|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt and ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|For tomato bread|
|Baguette||1 , sliced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 677 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.4%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 317.2 mg
Sodium 540.4 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.1%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A 18.9% Vitamin C 103.6%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat your oven to 400 F.
2. Peel the potatoes, cut them in half lengthwise, and the thinly slice them.
3. Slice the onions and put in a bowl with sliced potatoes, salt, pepper, and the fresh thyme and mix.
4. In a large non-stick pan over medium high heat, heat olive oil, and add in potato mixture allow to cook for about 15 minutes, stirring often until potatoes are fork tender.
5. Take the pan off the heat and allow the potatoes to cool slightly.
6. In the same bowl, whisk together eggs and thyme.
7. Add in cooked potato mixture and fold until potatoes are coated with egg.
8. In a large pan on medium high heat, heat olive oil and add the egg mixture, allow to cook until light brown at the bottom and the egg starts to set.
9. Put the pan in oven and allow to cook for 8 more minutes or until lightly browned on top.
10. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool slightly.
11. On a foil lined baking sheet, arrange bread slices and drizzle with olive oil.
12. Put them in oven and let it cook until light brown on the top.
13. Remove the bread form oven and rub each slice with garlic clove. Cut a tomato in half and rub all over the garlic bread.
14. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
15. Place a serving plate over the omelette pan and flip it all together, lift the pan to release the omelette.
16. Serve with toasted bread slices.