- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Omelette With Garlic Recipe
|Potatoes||2 , baked|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Fat free egg substitute||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 195 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 0.59 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 268.2 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.8%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 16 g31.5%
Vitamin A 51.4% Vitamin C 61.5%
Calcium 8% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place a large non-stick frying pan over moderate heat and cook the onions, potatoes, tomatoes, parsley and garlic in oil till most of the liquid has evaporated from the tomatoes.
2) Put the cooked ingredients in a large bowl and add the eggs. Stir well.
3) Wipe the frying pan and then place it over moderate-high heat. Allow to stand for about 2 minutes.
4) Add a tablespoon of margarine to the pan and swirl it around so that the margarine is distributed properly.
5) Add half of the egg mixture and lift the pan. Rotate it so that the eggs are distributed evenly.
6) Once the eggs have set around the edges, lift them so that the uncooked portions can flow underneath.
7) Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Cook till the top has set.
8) Transfer the preparation onto a serving plate and cut it into wedges.
9) Repeat the cooking steps with the remaining margarine and egg mix.
10) Serve as preferred.