- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Olive Tapenade Recipe
|Spanish manzanilla olives||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), pitted|
|Manzanilla olives||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), pitted|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Capers||1 Teaspoon, drained|
|Extra virgin spanish olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1163 Calories from Fat 1027
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g182.7%
Saturated Fat 39.7 g198.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5715.7 mg238.2%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 40.6% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a food processor, combine the olives, garlic, and capers.
2) Process until just smooth.
3) With the processor running, slowly drizzle in the oil and lemon juice through the feed tube.
4) Now, process until blended well.
5) Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the cilantro and pepper.
6) Let rest at room temperature for an hour, before serving.