- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Garden Chili Recipe
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Diced zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bulgur||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked|
|No salt tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Fat-free vegetarian chili with black beans||1 Can (10 oz) (Health Valley, Mild Or Spicy According To Taste)|
|Corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 625 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.7%
Saturated Fat 0.21 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 96 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.4%
Dietary Fiber 29.6 g118.3%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 32 g63.8%
Vitamin A 113% Vitamin C 182.2%
Calcium 25.7% Iron 26.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, sauté onion, green pepper and zucchini in water for about 5 minutes until vegetables become soft.
2) Stir in bulgur and cook for 1 more minute, stirring continuously.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil after adding in tomato sauce.
4) Reduce heat and then simmer, covered for 15 minutes until bulgur is just soft.
5) Mix in black bean chili and corn and uncover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until cooked well.
6) Top with yogurt, cilantro, jalapeno peppers and green onion and serve hot in bowls.