- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Fish Pie Recipe
|Pastry for 2 crust 9 inch pie||1|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onions||3 , peeled and chopped|
|Sole fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Peeled chopped tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
|Chopped stuffed olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hard-boiled eggs||2 , chopped|
Calories 1382 Calories from Fat 774
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g135.4%
Saturated Fat 19.3 g96.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 433.7 mg
Sodium 2081.4 mg86.7%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 27.3 g
Protein 61 g121.4%
Vitamin A 39.5% Vitamin C 69.5%
Calcium 17.9% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) With half the pastry, line a 9-inch deep pie plate.
3) In a killer, heat 3 tablespoons of oil and sauté onions for about 10 minutes. Add the tomato, garlic, parsley and fish cut into strips. Cook over low flame, frequently stirring. Add the olives, seasoning and chopped eggs.
4) Turn mixture into a pastry shell and cover it with the remaining pastry. Press the edges together well and make a small hole in the top of the pie. Brush the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
5) Bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes or till the pastry has turned golden brown.
6) Serve hot cut in wedges.