- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Chicken Pie Recipe
|Potatoes||36 Ounce, chopped (2 Pound And 4 Ounce Or 1 Kilograms)|
|Paprika/Smoked paprika||3 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||400 Gram (2 Cans Of 400 Grams Each)|
|Cooked chicken||10 Ounce, shredded (300 Grams)|
|Roasted peppers||140 Gram, sliced (1 Jar)|
|Kalamata olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved (A Handful)|
Calories 1319 Calories from Fat 487
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.8%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g33.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.6 mg
Sodium 1191.3 mg49.6%
Total Carbohydrates 178 g59.3%
Dietary Fiber 38.8 g155.3%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 59 g118.3%
Vitamin A 115.7% Vitamin C 251.1%
Calcium 50.7% Iron 170%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
2. Allow potatoes to boil for about 15 to 20 min to turn tender. Drain, place back in the pan, add 2 teaspoons paprika and seasoning and mash well.
3. In a large pan, heat oil. Add garlic and onions and fry for couple of minutes to soft.
4. Add paprika, fry for few minutes, stir in tomatoes and allow mixture to simmer.
5. Transfer to a large ovenproof dish, mix in chicken followed by olives, mustard and seasoning.
6. Spread atop mash and bake for 15 minutes to allow top to turn golden and sauce starts bubbling.
7. Serve hot.