- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Beanpot Recipe
|Canned red kidney beans||40 Ounce (Two No.2 Cans)|
|Bacon fat||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Bay leaf||1 Small|
|Dry mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Watermelon pickle juice/Juice from pickled peaches||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
Calories 191 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5 mg1.7%
Sodium 438.6 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.9%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 5% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Butter a casserole dish or a bean pot if you have one.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F
3. Drain the liquid from the beans and add to the casserole.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients except the bacon strips, to the beans and give a good stir to mix well.
5. Arrange the bacon strips on top of the bean mixture.
6. Cover the pot with its lid and transfer to the preheated oven
7. Bake almost an hour until heated through.
8. Uncover and place the casserole under a broiler until the bacon is crisp and brown.
9. Serve straight out of the casserole.