- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Frozen spinach||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed and well drained|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped to make 1/2 cup (White Portion And Some Green, Green Onions)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Frozen phyllo dough sheets||3 , thawed (12X17 Inches Each)|
|Feta cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, crumbled|
|Flat leaf italian parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (Fresh)|
|Fresh dill||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon peel||1 Dash, grated|
Calories 41 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.8 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.7 mg
Sodium 102.7 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 2 g3.9%
Vitamin A 30.7% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Take 9 inch non stick skillet and spray it with non stick cooking spray. 3.Heat the skillet and add scallions, spinach and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes until moisture evaporates.
4. Transfer contents of skillet to a mixing bowl and let cool.
5.Spray non stick cooking spray on work surface and arrange 2 phyllo sheets side by side.
6.Remaining phyllo sheets have to be cut crossiwse. 7.Now, place one half piece of phyllo over the whole phyllo piece to form a stack of 2 phyllo sheets. 8.Now, begin cutting the phyllo sheets from the narrow end and cut each stack in 4 equal strips.
9.Spray surface of phyllo sheets with non stick cooking spray.
10. To the spinach mixture add cheese, dill, pepper and lemon peel and mix well.
11. Spoon about 1/8 of the spinach mixture on to narrow portion of phyllo strip.
12.Now fold one edge diagonally over filling to meet the narrow end making a triangle. 13.Continue to fold from left and right alternatingly until strip is completed.
14.Repeat the procedure to make 7 more spanakopitas using the phyllo sheets and spinach mixture.
15. Place on baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes until golden and brown.
16. Serve immediately.