- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghettini with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Broccoli Recipe
|Broccoli florets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot pepper||10 Gram|
|Hot pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Chopped sun dried tomatoes packed in oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), drained|
|Tomatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped, drained, sun-dried, packed in oil|
|Chopped fresh basil/2 teaspoon dried basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Pine nuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), toasted|
Calories 748 Calories from Fat 378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.5 mg
Sodium 237 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 23 g46%
Vitamin A 76% Vitamin C 149.8%
Calcium 25.1% Iron 30.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghettini 8 to 10 minutes such that al dente.
2. To prepare the sauce, in a pot of boiling water, blanch broccoli for 2 minutes, refresh in cold water, drain and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat cook garlic and hot pepper flakes stirring for 1 minute.
4. Then add broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes and cook 1 minute longer.
5. Toss drained pasta with broccoli mixture, basil and Parmesan and serve.