- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti with Pesto Sauce Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dried basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts/Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Spaghetti/Noodles||8 Ounce (Cooked)|
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.5%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.5 mg
Sodium 111.9 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 12 g24.3%
Vitamin A 23.5% Vitamin C 19.2%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, place together, butter, Parmesan, parsley, garlic, basil, and marjoram.
2) Using a wooden spoon stir the cheese mixture until well blended.
3) Slowly stream in the oil, beating continuously until all the oil is incorporated.
4) Mix in the walnuts and stir well.
5) Place the warm spaghetti on the heated serving plate.
6) Stream the sauce over the spaghetti and toss lightly until well coated.
7) Serve hot garnished with sprig of parsley if desired.